Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How to put a link in SRC Item Title or Description!

Hello Experts,

I need to know how can i put a link(a google form link or some HREF link) into the description of a Service Catalog item in Service Manager. I tried directly putting <a href="(the actual link)">Click Here to open doc</a>. 

But it is not considering the link tags. I know something is missing here. Can anyone please help out. 

Much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

To add the link in description , you can follow below steps

1) Highlight the text in the description which should have the link

link.PNG

Depending on your protocol, you can select and add the URL details accordingly.

link1.PNG

Regards,
Matilda
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hello Matilda,

Thanks for the quick response. 

The one you were showing is in the detailed description of an SRC item where we have properties to modify the description. But the one i am talking is on the SRC catalog category and subcategory level. Where we do not have such properties to insert link change color etc. 

FYI: in the attached image i am showcasing Service Catelog main category, which has subcategories that has the actual items. I want to put link in category rather than Item. If you got any idea about it?

Thanks.

Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Well, I do not think that is feasible.

The detailed description is an html field and the description field is a non-html field.

The href tags , etc are supported only for html fields.

Regards,
Matilda
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.