Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to restrict Windows client login?

Hi experts.

I want restrict Windows client login to the operators. Only SysAdmin should be able to use Windows Client.

I found this, but don't works

http://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-Service-Manager-Service/Restrict-use-of-the-Full-Client/m-p/6358965#M106946

I attached a picture of it.

or is there some other method?

Thanks for all!

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How to restrict Windows client login?

Hello,

And why you did not like the solutoin provided by John? Alter the port for connection in sm.ini and no one will be able to login to the system unless they know the new port.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The forum post with the solution is the correct one.

The Service Manager starts a port other than the one being used by the webtier and only the users you want to use the Windows Client know the port number. 

Example:

Servcie Manager sm.cfg file has two ports running:

The Webtier web.xml uses 13080
Windows Client users only know of 13085 therefore only they can login to SM with the Windows Client

If, however, it is common knowledge throughout your company that 13080 is the port being used then you change it to be something entirely different and have the webtier use that one. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Because there are users who are not sysadmin and use the Windows client. If for some reason they find the connection port, it allowed access. The idea is that only those who have Sysadmin profile can use it.

The settings at Format Control login.DEFAULT i think that's what we need, but don't work. I don't know what I'm doing wrong 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Is the alternate solution suggested by Piku in the same linked topic not working?

You can try one to discourage user to use window client by making change in fc 'login.DEFAULT'. This will logout users as soon as connected via win client.

in subroutines,
add condition : sysinfo.get("ClientOSName")~="SOAP-Web"
application : logoff

it will check if you are logged inas SOAP-Web that is web client otherwise will logout user immediately.
you you can conditions for sysadmin users too like,

sysinfo.get("ClientOSName")~="SOAP-Web" and opertor()="xxx" or $lo.user.role="sysadmin"

Please be careful if try it because wrong conditions might disable you to login at all, take backup of your login.DEFAULT and load at command level in case of issue. 

or can use function sysinfo.get("Environment") which will return 'scguiwswt' for window client.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This knowledge document may also assist you. It focuses on a specific user, but you can modify it to use a capability word: https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1460661?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=202392_OSP_PRO_HPE

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.