Absent Member.. redorchid008 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to restrict to only allow Problem Owners to close Problem records?

Hi Experts,

I have the following requirement in Problem Management module.

How to restrict to allow only problem owners to close the problem ticket?

I mean in each problem ticket, there is a Owner Group field for me.  I would like to allow only the members from that particular selected owner group to close that particular problem ticket.

How can I achieve that?

Please give your valuable input on the same?

Regards,

Avi

0 Likes
1 Reply
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How to restrict to only allow Problem Owners to close Problem records?

There's a couple of ways to accomplish this, (and I'm going to assume you're not using the new Process Designer method for developing in HPSM, but are using the standard deployment).

Each Phase within the flow of Problem Management has a Phase Definition record.  You can access this from the Problem Management -> Administration -> Problem Control Phases from the menu navigation.  Within the Phase Definition record, you can control who has rights to Update, Close, Reopen, Open Tasks and Create Known Error from this Phase of the Problem ticket.  So you could update the Close control to control who can close this phase (or close the whole PM, if it's the last phase).  For example, if owner.group is the field that holds the group responsible for the PM ticket, you could have something like:
  owner.group in $L.file = $lo.pm.assignments

If you haven't done anything wierd to the Close or Close Phase displayoption records, this calculation will hide the Close and Close Phase buttons when the user looks at the Problem ticket.

Or, you could control it through the formatctrl record by putting something similar in the validation section of the PM.problem.master.fc formatctrl record/

Delete: $P.current.phase=$P.phases

Validation: owner.group in $file=$lo.pm.assignments

Focus: owner.group

Message: Only members of the Owner Group can close this Problem ticket.

It's up to you how to solve it, and these are just suggestions.  You'll need to account for any customization you've already done to the tool.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.