Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

How to run independent Alerts in PD for SM 9.41

Jump to solution

I've set-up an alert for unacknowledged high priority IMs to kick off 15 minutes after the IM is opened.

We are running 9.41 P1 and mostly PD and I found that placing the Alerts in the Alert Name array on the Alerts tab for a WorkflowPhase works. Ie. It kicks off the Alert.

But, I found in "PD Tailoring Help" looking for "Configure workflow phases", that for Alerts, it states:

1. You can use alerts to configure phases, however we recommend that you use the Run Scheduled Action rule instead.

2. For more information about the Run Scheduled Action rule, see "Configure Run Scheduled Action rules."

So I looked this up and it states that I would set-up a Rule to run a Scheduled Action.

So I looked at setting this up and had questions on how this was to be set-up.

My biggest challenge is that it states to run "Backend Transition......" as the Action after Rule Set. These seem very confusing.

Is there any real risk in using the Alerts tab in the WorkflowPhase?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

My experience with Service Manager tells me that engineers rarely remove functions even when they are multiple methods of accomplishing something. Therefore, I will continue to use the Alerts tab on the Phase for my Non-SLA Alerts.

I've also requested that HP/MF update their documentation regarding back-end transitions with an understandable definition and perhaps a real-life example so that their "recommended" method is better understood.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

My experience with Service Manager tells me that engineers rarely remove functions even when they are multiple methods of accomplishing something. Therefore, I will continue to use the Alerts tab on the Phase for my Non-SLA Alerts.

I've also requested that HP/MF update their documentation regarding back-end transitions with an understandable definition and perhaps a real-life example so that their "recommended" method is better understood.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.