Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to send attachments on email fetching connector to create incidents in SM using Connect-IT

Hi,

I am trying to create a Connect-IT scenario using the Email fetching connector at the source and SM connector at the destination. I am able to create incidents in SM with an email sent to the inbox. I want to configure the attachment on the email to get as the attachment on the incident ticket.

I have attached the Connect-It scenario. Please help me on how to send the attachments on the incident ticket.

Thank you,

Pinky

Tags (1)
0 Likes
17 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to send attachments on email fetching connector to create incidents in SM using Connect-IT

Hi

Please check screenshot from my scenario(mapping connector):

attachment: [Attachment.BlobFromMail]
name: [Attachment.FileFromMail]

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to send attachments on email fetching connector to create incidents in SM using Connect-IT

experts how to specify  attachement size to 5MB . I mapped attribute "len" in attachments collection as attachment.len 5000. but it did not limit the email attachemnet size. 

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your responses!

I followed the HP Knowledge search KM723050, and mapped the attachments fields in the scenario but still the attachments are not visible/showing up on the incidents tickets.

The problem is with the

len   minimum value is 1

When I map len with 1 or "1" or '1', it creates the incident without attaching the documents/attachment

When I map len with [Attachment.BlobFromMail]

It closes the scenario when I try to view the data at the destination side or if I try to produce the scenario.

Please provide the correct value that should be given to the field 'len' to map it at the source side.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you want to reject emails with attachments size larger than 5MB ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please try to specify length using PifGetBlobSize function:

Dim temp as long
temp = PifGetBlobSize("$ParentDoc$.$ParentDoc$.Attachment.BlobFromMail")
RetVal = temp

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Andy!

I am to create incidents with the attachments..

But I am seeing a strange issue, now the emails without attachments are not creating incidents tickets.

Also, when the emails has more than one attachment, or any screenshots in the email, connect-It is creating those number of incidents in SM. Means the number of incidents created (repeated incidents )are equal to the number of attachments in the email.

Please let me know how to give you points. I am not familiar with this new HP forum.

Thank you,

Pinky

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Once i will be back to office i will send you my scenario which is working fine (Mailkbox -> SM). And how to give the points, just press "start" abouce my avatar.

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Andy,

Please send me the scenario which is working for you to send attachments on an email connector to create incidents in SM using CIT..

I have gone through the replies given by you but need some more help ...Thanks in Advance,

Regards

VSL.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Andy, I need the scenario ASAP. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Also, I am still not able to give you the points.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

I wrote you PM. Please check 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have not received any PM from you. Please send the scenario and screenshots at Personal Info Removed

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.