Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

How to specify different form for specfic Request Model

Jump to solution

We are on Service Manager v9.52 using Process Designer.  For most Request Models on the Logging phase we have a default form listed and then another default form under Additional Forms when the condition is $L.mode="add".  (see attached)

I have a need to specify a different form if the request model is one specific request model.  I can't seem to get that to work, it will use the same for for ALL request models.  How can I write the conidtion do that when the user clicks this one specific request model, a different form will open other than the default that is used for all other request models?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: How to specify different form for specfic Request Model

Jump to solution

The 'Additional forms' just makes the alternate forms available, it doesn't force the other form.

I think you need to set your category to use a different workflow and use that workflow to manage your form.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

How do you have your request categories configured?  The model uses the category which drives the workflow, which manages the forms.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

All the Request Categories use the same workflow.

In the workflow on the logging phase there is a forms tab,  and when I try and add additional forms and conditions to what's already there it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

The 'Additional forms' just makes the alternate forms available, it doesn't force the other form.

I think you need to set your category to use a different workflow and use that workflow to manage your form.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks, I was thinking that just might be the case but wasn't sure if there was something I was missing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

as solution you can call form directly from Display Screen but it is not right way if you have Format Control - if not - it is only way you can use.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.