Highlighted
Visitor.

How to track Assignement group modifications (Audit?)

Hi Experts,

I want to track changes done to assignment groups. So we want to give access to some managers to manage their own groups (change operators, manager name or coordinator). We want to save the different changes done to these fields in the assignment file. I had 2 ideas to do this.

1 - Audits (Not sure how to set up)

2- Activities (create a new activity table and populate it like it is done in incidents for example)

Is one of the 2 methods the way to do it? Or is there a better way? 

Thank you in helping me get the best way to appoach this requirement

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to track Assignement group modifications (Audit?)

Hello Fred

i think that you have the right idea since audit can record various types of changes, here is an official document where you can find more about this and information on how to set it up.

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.61/Codeless/Content/tailor/environment_configuration/concepts/development_auditing.htm

Hope this helps!

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Fred,

Don't forget to consider how do you want to retrieve this data later and who. 

Audit is fine, faster and clean but... it's for audit purpose, ponctual and upon request. The access and view is not as good as the activity history..

You create the configuration on auditspecs table; just add the fields you want to audit and voilá.... The audit rad is called on triggers (add,update,delete) and I'm 95% sure they are default for probsummary, check your triggers, the RAD name is invoke.audit somethhing.... 

If you want to have something user friendly, online, some functionlity activity-like or even the full activity is better. 

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Thanks for the answer to both of you.

I have set up the audit steps following the help  server and it works partially. I have an array in the fields I want to audit so, not sure if I can get the accurate values modified in that array with audits?

I am also creating a new activity table to test this option. I will give you updates, once this has been set up.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.