Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

How to use connector to create service desk interaction ticket on item SRC

Hello Guys,

I am using SM 9.40 and SRC 1.40. I have successfully created a category but I would like to know how to use connector "Open a Service Desk Interaction" on item?

I could see the connector are available on Catalog Connectors but that's not displayed on Item Connectors. Please see below picture:

Capture.JPG

connector.JPG

Does anyone have any experience about this?

Regards,

Okik

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: How to use connector to create service desk interaction ticket on item SRC

OOB you should have an Interaction ticket created when selecting a Catalog item from SRC and from the last screenshot you have, you are now managing the Catalog item which you will decide if An Interaction should have... open a related record of your choice. Will it auto open a ... Change, Incident, New Request.. etc.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the reply. So what should I do now to add Open a Service Desk Interaction into this option:

connector.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Wait, what you are seeing now is the configuration of a Catalog item connector where you will decide if a Service Desk Interaction Ticket will have, what ticket to be related to (connected). So the SD Interaction is not there in the dropdown option right?

SD Interaction ticket >>> Will have related (Incident, Change etc.)

Before going to connector option.... Are you able to raised/open an SD interaction from a Catalog item?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the SD Interaction is not there in the dropdown option even I created a new connector.

The requirement is I only want Catalog Item just create a new Service Desk ticket. Do you have any idea to do that?

Thanks

Okik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Please see an old thread and my post (#2)::

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/quot-Open-a-Service-Desk-Interaction-quot-connector-not/td-p/1014282

I assume the interaction option was removed to "force" usage of Request Fulfillment module instead of handling fulfillment by using SD tickets. SD tickets evolving from service catalog orders carry no service, which clearly shows that SD ticket is meant to be a middleman between actual Request fulfillment tickets and end user.

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Try the Support Catalog item not the Service Catalog item. Support Catalog does not require a connector.

Service Catalog> Administration> Manage Catalog> Click the "Add New Support Catalog Item"

Complete that Support Catalog and Leave the connector "blank."

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.