Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to use special character (newline character) in format control

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I ahve requirement to show the some default data in one of the rich text box on RFC forms. That default data is some thing like below.

"

Please give the following three points data,

1.)

2.)

3.)

"

means default data should populate in three different lines, for this I am using the formatcontrol to auto populate the data in the rich text box when the form is loaded. But the problem is I am not able get the data in three different as I dont know how to use the newline character in formatcontrol. To represent the above mentioned data i am using following code in format control under calculation field,

richtextbox1 in $file={"Please give the following three points data,

1.)

2.)

3.)

"}.

But no luck it displays the data in a single line as follows.

"Please give the following three points data,1.)2.)3.)".

Please can some one help me how to use special characters or newline character in formatcontrols. I tried giving \\n, still no luck.

Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to use special character (newline character) in format control

Jump to solution

If I think merely how to achieve the result, I would try a different approach....because newline chars just cause a headache 🙂

What about this:

• put into one Calculation line phrases that populate the array line by line (accomodate to suit your purpose)

1 in $var="Try";2 in $var="This"

• and next line would be for example

description in $file=$var

Does this approach help you?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

If I think merely how to achieve the result, I would try a different approach....because newline chars just cause a headache 🙂

What about this:

• put into one Calculation line phrases that populate the array line by line (accomodate to suit your purpose)

1 in $var="Try";2 in $var="This"

• and next line would be for example

description in $file=$var

Does this approach help you?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Kelalek,

Thank you very much for your approach, it worked fine and met my need.

Thanks again 🙂

Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.