Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to use the Unload utility - need quick intro (SM 9.31)

Jump to solution

Hi all.

I have made some changes in Interaction forms and menus in our test environment (SM 9.31) . Now I wish to implement these changes in our production environment (also SM 9.31). Can I use the Unload utility to do this? Could anyone be so kind to give me a quick intro to how to do this?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Yes you can definately use Unload Script Utility to do this.

You need to create a new unload script just by giving it a name and clicking on add button.

Then in filename column put 'format' and in Query put name="name of form you want to export" and Datamap=true

(if you are exporting forms).

Use different filenames for exporting other stuff.

Save it and then click on Proceed and then select the path you want to save the file.(Save file with .unl extension)

Once .unl file is ready you can use it in your production server by going to db and using Import/Load utility.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Yes you can definately use Unload Script Utility to do this.

You need to create a new unload script just by giving it a name and clicking on add button.

Then in filename column put 'format' and in Query put name="name of form you want to export" and Datamap=true

(if you are exporting forms).

Use different filenames for exporting other stuff.

Save it and then click on Proceed and then select the path you want to save the file.(Save file with .unl extension)

Once .unl file is ready you can use it in your production server by going to db and using Import/Load utility.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks Gaurav. Unfortunately I get the following error when I try to save the external file:

* 02/05/2013 10:17:55 API=OCIStmtExecute [in sqociSelectSome], Statement=SELECT m1."SYSLANGUAGE",m1."NAME" FROM FORMATM1 m1 WHERE ((:Y and m1."SYSLANGUAGE" <> :Y)) ORDER BY m1."SYSLANGUAGE" ASC,m1."NAME" ASC (us.unload.file,select.records.1)

* 02/05/2013 10:17:55 SQL code=920 message=ORA-00920: ugyldig relasjonsoperator (us.unload.file,select.records.1)  

What did I do wrong?

Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Can you paste a screenshot of Unload Script utility screen with the conditions/statements you wrote?

Gaurav
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Here they are.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

And here...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ooops 🙂 my bad, I omitted 'name='

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

\o/ success!

Thanks Gaurav!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.