Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
ramamoorthyshal Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

IM search Not working

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

In Incident search form, when i am trying to search with incident number/ticket status.. its working fine.

but when i am searching with title, its not fetching any records..

searched with text: test

test is the content of Title field in one of the record. so i tried to search with that.

What will be the issue? Able to search with other fields Why not with "Title" Field?

Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shalini R

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
StevenB77 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: IM search Not working

Jump to solution

Hi Shalini,

In order to enable the IRQUEUE background process modify your sm.cfg file with the following parameter:

sm -que:ir

I would recommend adding this line after "sm system.start".   Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments.

Thanks,

StevenB

0 Likes
11 Replies
ALARMus Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Can you try this methods:

1) type for title in search: *test*

2) Try to use "Expert search" and type title#"test"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Is your title contain exactly "test" and nothing more ?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have tried. but no luck.

two weeks back, expert search is working, but that time we were having issue like, it was displaying the record till 9/2015.

If record is matching after 9/2015, it is not displaying. So we did IR regen. now its not displaying even those old record while searching with particular text.

Title is also not working now.

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

We use a field

brief.description (as title of incident), may be you need uset it.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

yes, In our case also, title field is brief.description.

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Accurately describe the problem, because there is a such field name (in DataBase\Dbdict)  - "TITLE" in probsummary table.

Try to add some more criterion of search. (for example NUMBER=IM*)

Does it give a positive result?

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Assuming that you are running in asyncrounous IR mode (i.e., parameter sm -que:ir).  Have you checked the irqueuem1 table to see if there is a large number of records in the table?  We had a similar issue after upgrading our application level to 9.41.  If you have a large number of records in irqueuem1 really the only thing you can do is wait until the queue clears.   It wasn't until the number decreased from 3,000 records to less than 100 that text search actually started working as expected.  One thing to check is to verify that the process IRQUEUE is running from System Status.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

StevenB

Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Thank u for Your reply.

IRQUEUE Process is not running. Also, I have Checked  irqueuem1 table. 40,000+ records are there in it.

Can you tell me which process i should start for IRQUEUE?

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Shalini,

In order to enable the IRQUEUE background process modify your sm.cfg file with the following parameter:

sm -que:ir

I would recommend adding this line after "sm system.start".   Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments.

Thanks,

StevenB

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. fcbcd Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

We just upgraded to 9.40 and IR Expert was not working.

I had to do the following steps:

- edit the sm.ini file to add the line: ir_asynchronous:0
- Stop/Restart the HP Service Manager service
- clear out the scirexpert table for the each module where text searching is not working.  example: probsummary (go to db > scirexpert in admin mode > search for ir.probsummary > delete everything in there - if it is a LOT then you may need to delete from the database side)
- go into the dbdict and do an IR Regen (after verifying the IR Key has the fields you need)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It will take awhile for the IRQUEUE process to index 40,000+ records. There is no method of making it faster. I would suggest monitoring the table to ensure that the number is steadily decreasing.  

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I have tried by adding sm -que:ir parameters in Sm Config file.

IRQueuem1 table is cleared and now search is working fine.

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.