Absent Member.. HolyHigh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

INFO: sm: The root user cannot start the HP Service Manager system.

after install service manager, and try to configure it in the linux env, backend database using postgresql, and i have try to login thru command line, it's ok, should be connect to thru service manager, but i got error as below:

INFO: sm: The root user cannot start the HP Service Manager system.,

can anyone could advise on this ? i install service manager as "root", and the the postgresql user is "postgres"

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. HolyHigh Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: INFO: sm: The root user cannot start the HP Service Manager system.

after switch to other user to configure service manager , got error:

INFO: Failed to load SQL client shared libraries, terminating.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: INFO: sm: The root user cannot start the HP Service Manager system.

Hi,

Until now, Postgre SQL is not supported by HPE SM.

Not sure which HPE SM version you are using, check the support matrix for different versions at:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01294561?lang=en&cc=us&hpappid=113963_OSP_PRO_HPE

And please follow the Interactive Installation Guide to install HPE SM.

Thanks,

Ling-Yan

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.