Highlighted
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ISO techniques to organize the Change Queue "Open Chnages Assigned to My Group" View

Jump to solution

One of our groups is responsible for scheduling standard daily/weekly/monthly automated reboot of servers. There are many servers, so the view is many pages long.

There are so many changes that other change tickets - not related to the automated reboots - are being lost in the shuffle.

Are there techniques that you use to organize a change queue view to make it easier to get a view of changes in process?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ISO techniques to organize the Change Queue "Open Chnages Assigned to My Group" View

Jump to solution

So, where I am leaving things at this point is this.

1. Point the user to how to customize the "All Open Changes for My Group" view.

2. Suggest they add "Group By" and use the Category and Subcategory fields 

3. Have them implement, by agreement, a set of common phrases to use in the Subcategory field so that they can collapse tickets of limited interest down until needed.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ISO techniques to organize the Change Queue "Open Chnages Assigned to My Group" View

Jump to solution

Can try below approaches,

Create view with hardcoded ci
- but in case of new server addition, every time need to alter view.

Create view with ticket open time in 30 minutes of mentioned time in scheduled reboot
- if other server reboots during same window then will be reported. Also assuming ticket will come to SM within 30 minutes at max.

Jump to solution

What we would like to try is to modify the existing out of the box view to include the change ticket subcategory and then group by it.

That way, all the assignment group has to do is classify a change record as a reboot - as opposed to an operating system upgrade, or new installation, etc. - and then collapse the reboot tickets until they need to be approved, etc.

However, I've not been able to determine how to add new columns to the

wizard-view.get.field.and.list(view.get.field.and.list) destination fields.

We thought that we could go into wizard-view.configureView_1(wizard.display.view.configure_1) and that there would be a way to add new Fields - but that does not appear to be the case.

Do you know what we have to do to get more fields into the list of possible columns to display?

0 Likes
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

So the view_configureView_1 wizard calls GetFieldNames.getFieldData which gets column information from the datadictionary.

The weird thing is that subcategory is a column in cm3r, and the data dictionary has that column listed as "true". Yet the column is not showing up in the list of available columns the wizard provides to us.

I'm struggling through the javascript code to see if there is something else that has to be done.  

Do any of you know off hand what else, besides setting the availability to true in the data policy table, needs to be done so that they show as options in the wizard?

0 Likes
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Everything looks like it is set properly. The data dictionary entry for the field has the available column set to true.

look at the Fields and Keys screen in the System Navigation/Tables/your table, look up subcategory, and in the lower right corner (when I'm on the field) and it has a boolean field to allow you to set whether or not the field is available for lists and that is set to true.

Yet when I go to the ToDo queue first display, select More > Customize Current View > Fields , subcategory is NOT one of the fields available to select.

I really need help resolving this issue.

0 Likes
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Well the good news is that I discovered the issue with the missing field.

When I was going to Customimze current view, I had not changed my queue to the Change tickets, so the fields being shown were the fields from the ToDo table, not the change table.

0 Likes
lwvirden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

So, where I am leaving things at this point is this.

1. Point the user to how to customize the "All Open Changes for My Group" view.

2. Suggest they add "Group By" and use the Category and Subcategory fields 

3. Have them implement, by agreement, a set of common phrases to use in the Subcategory field so that they can collapse tickets of limited interest down until needed.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.