Absent Member.. arhakal Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ITSM Deployment Manager - Missing HPSM versions

Jump to solution

Hello,

We've recently begun testing ITSM Deployment Manager to support our environments.

However we've noticed that the HPSM versions in the tool are not up to date.

Depending on which version of the deployment manager you install, the HPSM version listed to download stop at some point before 9.41p3/4.

Is there a way update the list of available packages in the application?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StacyWhetzell Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: ITSM Deployment Manager - Missing HPSM versions

Jump to solution

there is a fix for this.  See this case.  5310530261

Respectfully

Stacy Whetzell

TVA

0 Likes
5 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Arhakal.

hope you are doing fine.

Could you please attach screenshots about the version windows and the current version?

Was the patch correctly applied? because this is happening when the patch in not loaded correctly on SM, that is why we suggest to make a backup and make the upgrade, if the version doesnt change is because the patch wasn't applied and you should do it again.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Carlos,

I think you misunderstood, the patch (SM 9.41p4) Is simply not available as an installer download in the interface .

See attachment

Thanks!

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

there is a fix for this.  See this case.  5310530261

Respectfully

Stacy Whetzell

TVA

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Even though there is a fix (FTP) for this exact issue, it's pretty obvious that Deployment Manager is not quite ready for Prime Time.  It has the makings of an EXCELLENT tool and I use it, in spite of it's current shortcomings.

For starters, New Patches and versions should be made available on some HP share site and we, the users, should be able to manually or automatically trigger a check from our instance of DM to this site, looking for updates for all supported products.  If new stuff is found, dont even ask, just download it so we can see it vial DM.

Currently I am awaiting resolution of problem where, even though I have the SP4 showing in DM, I get an error when trying to install the Web Client patch. (5311346987)..  Get error saying war file cant be found even though it is there

Respectfully

Stacy Whetzell

TVA

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I've marked your first reply as the solution for this case. I'm still working around other issues but that covers my inquiry about the list of applications available.

From what I see however, it seems that that will jsut cover this patch and that the list would need to be updated manually later on.

A dynamic list kept up to date by HP would be the prefered solution. We'll see what the future versions of the product will bring.

Thank you very much Stacy!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.