Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

ITSMA NG 2017.04 - Configure services stuck in Pending

Hello, I'm having issues completing the ITSMA NG deployment in my lab (following instructions on this page. stuck at step 12). The services listed below are stuck in Pending, and have been for over a day, twice now.

The environment is setup as follows:

3 VM's:

• CentOS 7.3 (all updates, firewall disabled, chrony configured, etc.)
  • 4CPU, 8GB RAM, 100GB HDD (32GB RAM/200GB for Master node)
  • Local NFS storage on Master node
  • ITSMA suite downloaded/uploaded to local registry/worker nodes added, etc.

As far as I can tell, I meet the minimum requirements for an Extra-Small test environment.

Where can I look to troubleshoot this issue? What log files would help here?

Configure services:

[Service] Service Management Gossip service: Pending [Service] Service Portal license management service: Pending [Service] Service Portal license management UI service: Pending [Service] Business process management UI service: Pending [Service] Catalog management backend service: Pending [Service] External entities UI service: Pending [Service] Service Portal service exchange backend service: Pending [Service] Service Portal search UI service: Pending [Service] Service request UI service: Pending [Service] Service Portal search service: Pending [Service] Service request UI service: Pending [Service] Service Portal search service: Pending

itsma-pending-services.jpg

Tags (4)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Has anyone come across this before?

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Brian,

We're you able to complete your deployment?

Regards.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Unfortuantely, no. The word back from support is that the minimum specs provided in the guides are indeed the the required minimum, which is not always the case in HP documentation. 8CPU/16GB RAM per each node (1 master, 2 workers) is required to get past the install. Even then it is recommended to allocate more resources to keep it running post-install.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.