Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Id'd like to prevent Interaction from being closed by Incident

I'm approaching this issue from a bit of a different angle from other similar posts I've reviewed.  Maybe a best practice as opposed to technical question, but here it goes....

I'm looking at the Interactions (SD) placed in my assignment group as "requests" for me to own/manage.  If I can't resolve on my own I will then create one or more Incidents (IM) for the appropriate alternate service providers in my organization seeking their assistance for a specific sub task and relate these IM's back to my SD. When the tech provides resolution to the IM and closes the IM they are then prompted to also close the related SD.

I want to prevent my SD from being closed as I may have other related IM's, tasks to complete or simply prefer to follow up with the user who submitted the SD before closing.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the SD from being closed by the IM?

Thank you.... 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Id'd like to prevent Interaction from being closed by Incident

What product are you asking about?  Service Manager?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Id'd like to prevent Interaction from being closed by Incident

Interactions are not being closed out unless there is one remaining open related records. I think this is working OOB., anyone please clear my observations. Thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.