Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In HP SM 9.4 - creation of Dashboard for Custom table data

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am tryint to create dashboard\charts in my SM9.4. but while trying to configure the dashboard for my custom table i am not able to see the name fo my table in 'Source Data' drop down field. It is having the list of only OOB tables and not custom tables. By doing what changes I will be able to see my table in the drop down list? can any one help me on this issue and creating charts for custom tables in SM9.4?

Please find the attached screenshots for reference.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: In HP SM 9.4 - creation of Dashboard for Custom table data

Jump to solution

Hello DMK,

if you recently created the new customized table you want to use in a report, please logout and login to SM (Service Manager) again.

I tested that myself by these steps:

1. create a new dbdict with name "heike"
2. create new formats for that dbdict
3. create some records for that dbdict
4. logoff SM
5. login to SM again
6. System Navigator - Dashboard
7. Create Dashboard
8. give it a name and description
9. Add Content
10. Create New report
11. Source data: heike - heike

Background:

The format displayed to create the new report is "inbox.report.chart"

The list behind label "Source Data" is using the variables

Value list: $G.report.tableList.key
   Display List: $G.report.tableList.display

The variables are defined within ScriptLibrary record "reportingHelp" and is based on the variable "$G.files" which is the list of all dbdicts available. There are some more restrictions depending on the ownership but if you use first of all a SysAdmin user to test this, you should be able to see your customized table.

This global variable "$G.files" is updated when you login to SM. If you create a new dbdict you need to re-login to SM to make this new dbdict available in $G.files and therefore in variable $G.report.tableList.key and $G.report.tableList.display .

About the naming convention:

As long as you don't have an Object defined for your new dbdict it uses simply "name - name", in my case "heike - heike"  in the list of Sources.  The list of sources is sorted alphabetically and shows the uppercase values first. Scroll down in the list or just start typing the dbdict name should show you your new customized dbdict.

If you create an Object and use a display name for your dbdict in datadict record this looks different.

Please test yourelf again and let me know if you have further problems with using your customized table in dashboards.

Best regards,

Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello DMK,

if you recently created the new customized table you want to use in a report, please logout and login to SM (Service Manager) again.

I tested that myself by these steps:

1. create a new dbdict with name "heike"
2. create new formats for that dbdict
3. create some records for that dbdict
4. logoff SM
5. login to SM again
6. System Navigator - Dashboard
7. Create Dashboard
8. give it a name and description
9. Add Content
10. Create New report
11. Source data: heike - heike

Background:

The format displayed to create the new report is "inbox.report.chart"

The list behind label "Source Data" is using the variables

Value list: $G.report.tableList.key
   Display List: $G.report.tableList.display

The variables are defined within ScriptLibrary record "reportingHelp" and is based on the variable "$G.files" which is the list of all dbdicts available. There are some more restrictions depending on the ownership but if you use first of all a SysAdmin user to test this, you should be able to see your customized table.

This global variable "$G.files" is updated when you login to SM. If you create a new dbdict you need to re-login to SM to make this new dbdict available in $G.files and therefore in variable $G.report.tableList.key and $G.report.tableList.display .

About the naming convention:

As long as you don't have an Object defined for your new dbdict it uses simply "name - name", in my case "heike - heike"  in the list of Sources.  The list of sources is sorted alphabetically and shows the uppercase values first. Scroll down in the list or just start typing the dbdict name should show you your new customized dbdict.

If you create an Object and use a display name for your dbdict in datadict record this looks different.

Please test yourelf again and let me know if you have further problems with using your customized table in dashboards.

Best regards,

Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Heike,

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation, i have tried the steps you suggested and it worked for me, Thanks a lot.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.