Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In My scheduler i see many records..which is unusual

Hi Xperts,

When i check my scheduler and search, i see list of 1472 records, which will be only 12 or more usually...

Last week my SLA got expired and we unnotced this and we changed the expirry date after two days...it creates me an other problem that all the breach mails got triggrred inspite the incident is closed...some wat it is fixed once the SLA expire time is chaged the problem got fixed....

Now i can see in "sch", i see 1468 records....

mostly the description is

SLA Refresh for probsummary;IM444954

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

The schedule records are expected.

For every ticket with an active SLA running, there will be an associated schedule record related to that SLA. IF you have alerts associated with an SLA, you will also see schedule records for the next scheduled alert as well. If you look at the related IM records in the list, you'll see that the schedule record corresponds to the time that an active SLA will breach.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks john,

Can u explain me more clear on this..

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

But when i check i see lot of closed IM,s too...current alerts i dont find any records, but how it is possible
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Here's where the schedule records come from. Let's say the IM had an SLO to monitor time from Work In Progress to Resolved of 7 days.

If you set the status of the IM to Work In Progress on 17/07/11 11:00:00 , the SLO target expiration date would on 24/07/11 11:00:00. A schedule record is added to prompt SM to check the status of the SLO at that time.

At 24/07/11 11:00:00, the schedule record is executed and checks to see if:

--The ticket is still open.

--If the status has not yet been set to Resolved.

NOTE: the schedule record is not created until that SLO is ACTIVE. So if you have three SLO's:

1. Open to WIP

2. WIP to Resolved

3. Resolved to Closed

Schedule records will be present only after the initial state is acheived. So there won't be a schedule record for #2 if the status has never been set to "Work in Progress" (You can have more than one SLO active at the same time, but here they would be sequential).

If when working the ticket prior to that time, you alter the status of the IM and change it to "Resolved", the SLA Processor will recalculate the SLO conditions:

--It will update the WIP to Resolved SLO to acheived if appropriate

--If there is a SLO with the initial state of Resolved, (e.g. Resolved to Closed), the corresponding schedule record for that SLO will be added.

It looks like the pending SLO schddule records for future expiring SLO's are not deleted when the IM is closed. However, they will execute at the scheduled time and should clear out automatically. I'm not sure that there is any problem.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

do i delete all those records...

also i see many records in alert class...

0 Likes
Absent Member..

They'll clean up automatically at their scheduled time.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

but it is getting piled up day by day, hope itis not an issue?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
Piling up of new records is not the issue but if the older one whom expiration/action time has been passed and still in schedule table then it could be the issue.

regards,
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.