Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In SM 9.4 Output Events are generating

Jump to solution

Hi

We have multiple notifications configured in our SM9.40. But in our test servers we are troubleshooting on few notifications through tailoring->Event Services->Out Put Events.

But for some reason we are not seeing any Output Events getting generated and becoming tough to validate the notifications whether they are working as expected or not in test server. Can you guys please help me if any configuration changes that i need to ahve or any other reason not to generate output events though they are supposed to be in ideal case.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: In SM 9.4 Output Events are generating

Jump to solution

Hi d_m_k

Please confirm your test system is staring all background processes from sm.cfg. If not, please at least confirm problem bg process is running because most of the schedule record creates for notifications are processed by problem bg process.

If you go to the schedule table, and you see a lot of message processor records that can explain the reason why no eventout records are created.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

If i undestand you correctly in your environment even though a notification is triggered an evenout record is not generated.

Is this correct?

For which modul you want such eventouts record to be generated?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi

actually my need is to validate the notification stuff present in my test system are working fine or not. As it is test server only the option i may have is to test whether the notifications are going out or not through output events without triggering an email to the recipient in test server.

I am looking for all the modules of notifications.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi d_m_k

Please confirm your test system is staring all background processes from sm.cfg. If not, please at least confirm problem bg process is running because most of the schedule record creates for notifications are processed by problem bg process.

If you go to the schedule table, and you see a lot of message processor records that can explain the reason why no eventout records are created.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello JD_Jinesta,

Thank you very much for your solution, i have started running the problem bg process and all the stuff queued in schedule table started moving out and now could see the entries coming in Output events.

Thanks again.

Thanks & Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.