Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In template for a change ticket, unable to populate a value for "affected service"

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

In HPSM, I am creating a template for a change ticket but unable to populate a value for  "affected service" . This field "affected service" is a fill button. But when I click on it, it doesnt call a device table. Its not saving the value of affected service. I am not able to find which link shall I use for this template to populate a value for  "affected service" from the table "device".

Please help..

Regards,

Raju Singh

Raju Singh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: In template for a change ticket, unable to populate a value for "affected service"

Jump to solution

The subcategory query is dependent on the category (categories have different subcategories).

Category is excluded from Templates, and without a category specified you cannot select a subcategory.

If you've standardized your subcategories so that they are the same for all changes, you could generate a global list for the subcategory values, add that to the global list column for subcategory in data policy, and then you should be able to select from the drop down.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: In template for a change ticket, unable to populate a value for "affected service"

Jump to solution

Actually, you've stumbled on a defect bigger than that.

The cm3r datadict (Data Policy) record is not correctly configured for two fields:

affected.item (caption should be: Affected Service)

and 

affected.services (caption is Affected Services)

Problem One:

• The affected.item field is marked as field type "System" which means that it is a system calculated value which should not be selectable in a template.
  • Set the field type to Data, instead of System.
  • The Affected Service field should be available to new templates (it may not appear in existing templates.

Problem Two:

• The Affected Services field should NOT be available for a template. It is a system generated field.
  • Affected Services is system generated based on the business services that may be impacted based on the CIs being modified in the change record.
  • To correct this, set the field type for affected.services to "System" 
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks John.. It actually worked what you suggested.. Highly appreciated.. Hats off to you.. 🙂
Raju Singh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

John has resolved the previous issue. Now I am getting one more issue.

While designing a template for Change. I am unable to populate a value for subcategory now. It shows a message "Cannot find related information in cm3rsubcat using query: category=category in $File".

I have done the following steps

In data policy ( datadict), in the subcategory field, I have made usage type to Appliation, it didnt work. Then I changed the usage type to Data, still it didnt work. Attached are the screen shots..

Please help..

Raju Singh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The subcategory query is dependent on the category (categories have different subcategories).

Category is excluded from Templates, and without a category specified you cannot select a subcategory.

If you've standardized your subcategories so that they are the same for all changes, you could generate a global list for the subcategory values, add that to the global list column for subcategory in data policy, and then you should be able to select from the drop down.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am trying to create a template from record. I do not have that option from the dropdown. When I check the template table I do not see a table for cm3r. How can I add cm3r to the template table.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.