Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Incident Closing Comments (Column empty in DB despite adding closing comments)

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

So I am slightly confused as to what the point of the Closing Comments (Completion Comments) is.

In the DB table probsummarym1 the closing_comments column is 100% empty despite having added completion comments.

The completion comments only updates the activity journal with a Closure statement.

Should this be occuring this way? - we'd like for the completion comments to be showing up in column so we can use it to edit problem.incident.post.back so resolution in interaction = closing.comments in incident

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Ah yes. I've been working with older versions too long again... And I actually can't access any newer versions from here. But this might be simple (if my memory is acurate- no guarantees). The wizard that is triggered runs on the IM record. The field for closing comments on the form used by the wizard is a variable that is then moved in to the update comments.

The easiest solution is to just add a calculation to the wizard (Actions main tab, Expressions sub tab) that copies the variable into the "closing.comments in $L.file".

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

What type of Incident uses closing/completion comments? Isn't that something typically for changes? TBH, I don't think this field in Incident Management has been on a form/in use since the last 10 years or more (and I think part of 2 step closure only).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

HI Josh_MM,

All of our incidents prompt for one when closing the Incident...

We are running Version 9.40 too, see the image here: (EDIT: Form is called IM.incident.close)

IncidentClosure.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Ah yes. I've been working with older versions too long again... And I actually can't access any newer versions from here. But this might be simple (if my memory is acurate- no guarantees). The wizard that is triggered runs on the IM record. The field for closing comments on the form used by the wizard is a variable that is then moved in to the update comments.

The easiest solution is to just add a calculation to the wizard (Actions main tab, Expressions sub tab) that copies the variable into the "closing.comments in $L.file".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor..

HI @Josh_MM,

Thanks so much, your memory serves you well!

The Default Expression in the wizard is:

close.time in $L.file=tod()
if null($pmc.actions) then ($pmc.actions={}) else ($pmc.actions={$pmc.actions})

I'll edit it to reflect what I require.

[EDIT: - For those curious as to what makes this work:]

close.time in $L.file=tod()
if null($pmc.actions) then ($pmc.actions={}) else ($pmc.actions={$pmc.actions})
closing.comments in $L.file=$pmc.actions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.