Incident autosave behavior!!
Ladies and Gentlemen,
we have a problem that appears with 2 operators whenever they change the value of 2 specific fields on an incident form, the incident autosaves.
There is absolutely no calculations on the values of the fields.
Kindly advice if any of you faced same behavior.
Thanks a lot,
strange, is there "Data Change Event" defined by those two fields (open form in fd and check "Data Change Event" property of those two fields)?
Also to be sure that it is not format control, i recommend to: unload specific fc for format + unload master fc for object, delete both above mentioned fc and retest ... now you will be sure that it is related to format controls.
the value is default "0" and the strange part is that the user only faces this problem from the laptop only and not from the desktop although both are the same version clients.
Did you try to rename or delete %USERPROFILE%\ServiceManager? Btw be aware of SM connections defined in ServiceManager\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches
Do the two users connect using a Windows or Web Tier client? If it occurs when using a Windows client, then the RAD Debugger could be useful for troubleshooting.
If deleting the client's workspace does not apply/resolve the issue, consider tracing the same user performing the same steps from the laptop and then from the desktop.
1. Add the "Debug" capability word to the operator record for a user that can replicate the behavior
2. Launch a Windows client and login as the user from Step 1
3. Access an Incident ticket and then open the RAD Debugger (Window menu -> Show View -> Other... -> RAD Debugger)
4. Enable tracing in the RAD Debugger by typing the command: trace on
5. Modify the two fields which replicate the autosave
6. Disable tracing in the RAD Debugger by typing the command: trace off
If these steps capture the issue, then a likely next step is using breakpoints in the RAD Debugger to stop the work-flow midstream and display certain components (e.g. option() function).