Incident description(action field) is truncating in the mail sent to Assignment group functional mailbox when a incident is opened/updated with new assignment group. But there is not truncation in description when we check the incident in SM7. Only the problem is in mail sent.
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
How is the notification defined?
If you are using a notification that calls a format (the format name is listed in the format column of the notification definition), and just put a multi-line text box on the form, it cannot resize to include content beyond the size of the form object.
If you can make the description the LAST ITEM on the format, do this:
- Add a text box with the input of action. (Just the normal single line text box). Set the Array Length property to -1
- The description field will automatically expand as needed. However, it there was anything under it, it would be overwritten as description expands.
- Done. That wasn't too hard.
If you need the description to expand, but also push everything under it down as it does:
- Add a text box with the input of action. (Just the normal single line text box). Set the Array Length property to -9
- After saving the format, display it in Forms Designer. Do not enter design mode.
- Select More Actions > Format Detail
- In the detail page, find your field and change the CTRL value to 512 as shown (here, the first line is the caption before the field, the second is the textbox with the input of action).
The description will automatically resize and everything below it will move down.
NOTE: If you edit the form using forms designer, you must change the CTRL column back to 512. Every time you modify the form it will reset to 0.
For example, this sample form in forms designer shows the text boxes. When an email is generated using this form the description, justification, and backout method resize as needed to fit the content from the ticket.
My customer found similar symptom.
They configured to send email with action field on SM 9.3 when their incident is opened.
An email data has problem before it is put to the eventout queue.
I found a part of mail data is truncated on SM 9.33 box.
A problem of my customer hasn't solved yet. Thus the below is just information.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution."