Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Initiate User role when importing contacts from AD to SM

Hi,

Am using HP connect-it to import operator from AD to SM.

Actually, the users imported has a default role which is "ESS"  (to permit to these users to have access on ESS interface).

Now, and according to business requirements, we need to  customize the user role affected to the user imported (according to the "Departement" information related to the user).

for example:

1. for user whose the Departement = XXXX

the user role will be imported to SM with user role "A"

2. for user whose the Departement  != XXXX

the user role will be imported to SM with user role "B"

how i perform this customization in HP Connect-it ?

thanks for your help.

Regards.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Initiate User role when importing contacts from AD to SM

I believe it should be done on SM side.

Triggers for contacts - department contained in the contact data.

Triggers for add and update for department field. And if new value of department is XXXX then set user role for operator (relaited for this contact) and start (in JS) fill for role.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

this means that we should indicate the departement for each operator?

note that i haven't this information for users, for this reason i need Connecti-it to initiate the user role for :

1. users whith Departement = XXXX

2. users with Departement != XXXX

Help plz.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

1)If there is no contacts in SM and you need import it first time - yes check all imported contacts

2) If you need just update contacts (add some new and update availble - if they change department)

Triggers for update where you can set conditions if department not same and is equal XXX then set role for operator.

And trigger for Add where check if department is equal XXX then set role for operator.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor..

Hi,

i need to add this information: we can have the information Departement using this function :

Dim Direction, CN as string
Direction = RightPart(LeftPart(RightPartFromLeft(RightPartFromLeft(RightPartFromLeft([organizationalPerson.person.dn],","),","),","),","),"=")
CN = Ucase([organizationalPerson.person.cn])
If RightPart(LeftPart(RightPartFromLeft([organizationalPerson.person.dn],","),","),"=") = "Utilisateurs" and (Direction = "Direction Centrale"  and  [displayName] <> "" Then
RetVal = [displayName]

Else If

RightPart(LeftPart(RightPartFromLeft([organizationalPerson.person.dn],","),","),"=") = "Utilisateurs" and (Direction <> "Direction Centrale"  and  [displayName] <> "" Then
RetVal = [displayName]
Else
PifIgnoreDocumentMapping("empty operator")
End If

i want to initiate user role depending on :

1. this condition:

If RightPart(LeftPart(RightPartFromLeft([organizationalPerson.person.dn],","),","),"=") = "Utilisateurs" and (Direction = "Direction Centrale"  and  [displayName] <> "" Then
RetVal = [displayName]

---> these users should have user role = XXXX

2. this condition:

RightPart(LeftPart(RightPartFromLeft([organizationalPerson.person.dn],","),","),"=") = "Utilisateurs" and (Direction <> "Direction Centrale"  and  [displayName] <> "" Then
RetVal = [displayName]

---> these users should have user role = YYYY

could you help me plz? or provide me with helpful details ?

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

1) user role this is property of the operator record.

2) I believe it is not the task for the CIT, the main job of CIT is the transfer data to some fields in some tables by some conditions

Anyway, even if you set role (put text to field) to operator record you need also "press FILL" for this field to apply the changes to all other fields related to that role in operator table.

it would be logical to make all these actions on the SM side.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.