Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Integrate SM with external application using RESTFUL API

Hi Experts,

SM 9.52.

I need your help please.

I know how to integrate our SM with external application using SOAP (wsdl files).

1- Run WSDL to JS to convert the exposed wsdl (of the external application)
2- Create a customized javascript to Add/Update the tickets in the external application
3- Call the script from SM Workflow Process Designer

Now we are doing another integration with a different customer/application which supports only REST api.

What are the steps that need to be done? Are they similar to the above?
Should I run WSDL to JS for REST URL? or this is just for SOAP? 
Does anyone have a sample script from SM that connects to a API Application?

I have read all web services document but it does not help a lot.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Integrate SM with external application using RESTFUL API

Anyone?

I need your help please.

I did the below steps: 
1- added this parameter in smi.ini restaccessviabrowser:1 (restarted the services)
2- Added RESTful API capability for falcon & few other users
3- "RESTful Enabled" checkbox has been enabled in the Interaction Webservice (ServiceDesk Service)

do you have a script update/create ticket from SM application1 to SM Application2?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Integrate SM with external application using RESTFUL API

There's examples in https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Manager:9.63/ResourceReferenceIncident but it doesn't help me much. I refer to https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00661369 and some examples from the online. That helped me to get a few REST queries working. I used POSTMAN app instead of the POSTER app mentioned in the KM as my customer was using POSTMAN.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.