Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Integrating a Asset Manager into HPSM

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I was looking for input on perhaps if anyone has integrated a Asset Manager (Configuration Manager, Inventory Software) with their HP Service Manager.

I like the built in Configuration Manager portion of HPSM but using an integration with a Asset Manager that has live data would keep everything in HPSM up to date and accurate - and automatically add new CIs when they are added to network, if this is a possible integration.

Any feedback is appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Both environments now support SOAP, so that is the easiest way. Alternatively, you can build a ConnectIT scenario. CIT is free is you have 2 or more HPE products, for the base connectors which include these two products.

ps: uCMDB works pretty well. It's not an easy product for sure. We have it running, and sends discovery data to both SM and AM.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Out of the box, HP has an integration between HP Service Manager and HP's UCMDB . Here is a link with more information:

http://docs.software.hpe.com/SM/9.50/Codeless/Content/integrations/ucmdb/guide/purpose_of_the_integration.htm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Tom,

We had looked into using UCMDB but HPE support had detered me to not use it after 3 version upgrades without successful operations and a HPE support technician referring the software as broken.

Also the fact that UCMDB required another license for the network discovery didn`t impress me, when there are plenty of great freeware that do the same.

Is there any way to integrate a 3rd party software?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Both environments now support SOAP, so that is the easiest way. Alternatively, you can build a ConnectIT scenario. CIT is free is you have 2 or more HPE products, for the base connectors which include these two products.

ps: uCMDB works pretty well. It's not an easy product for sure. We have it running, and sends discovery data to both SM and AM.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.