Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Super Contributor.. mukesh1985 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Interaction Response SLA

Jump to solution

Hi Gurus,

I am facing an issue in my producation  when an user login to ESS webpage to submit an interaction, the Handle time of the interaction on the webpage is running and when the user submits the interaction the expected resolution is counting from the time User login to ESS webpage not when the user submits the Interaction .As per the requirement the expected resolution should be populated from the time user submits the interaction.

Example: Due to the above issue when the user wants to log a request under

Category:AAA

Subcategory:BBB

Product Type:CCC

Problem Type:DDD

Duration to close the above interaction is 5 minutes. And User may take up to 5 minutes or more to submit this interaction. By the time user submits the interaction the SLA is already breached.

So expected resolution should be calculated from the time when user submits the interaction.

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KK11 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Interaction Response SLA

Jump to solution
Hi,

go to Service Level Management->SLA Administration->configure Application and search for incidents record.

you need to change the start time field from "first.touch" to "open.time"

then the interaction sla should count after submitting interaction.

pls note: you need to disconnect the active sessions and relogin to affect the changes..

cheers--KK11

7 Replies
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
The time to calculate the SLA time is start from the time of opening which is captured in open.time field and this field will capture time stamp at time of click of submit button.
So already expected resolution is calculating from the time when user submits the interaction.
Here note that time would be depend on SM application server and the timezone settings of operator/SM.

hth,
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Thanks for your reply,

My requirement is while any ESS user opening any SD by web services interaction SLA time getting start if  ESS user has taken 5 minutes for submitting the SD ticket then Service Desk   team have only 5 minutes  for resolution.

I want to SLA start after submitting the interaction by ESS user

So please help me on this issue.

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi,

Here what do you mean by "ESS user has taken 5 minutes for submitting the SD ticket"
User click on new request then after filling all the desired details clicks on submit button then only open.time will be captured and after that only 5 minute clock will be started.
So if you want to increase these 5 minutes to some higher you have to look in to Service Level Management module in ,
here look for respective SLO and change the time.

hth,

hth,
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am explaining you in brief here .We have given service desk team 10 minutes for interaction resolution

For Interaction (SD) Module we have only signal SLO (Response SLA) configurations are mentioned.

Initial State- Open

Final state-Closed

Duration type :- Interval

Duration: - 00:10:00

Suspend on – Linked, Open - Call-back

Now if any ESS user opening any interaction by Web Client  and click on Submitting a request on (02:05:00 PM) after filling the all the desired details then clicks on submit button on (02:08:03) and get the interaction number (SDXXXX) during the filled details ESS user has taken (03 Minutes 3 Seconds).

When service desk team getting the same tickets in queue so here SLA is getting start from (02:05:00 PM) so service desk have only 06 Minutes 57 seconds to resolve the issue.

So my requirement is SLA should to be start after submit the tickets by ESS user.e.g (02:08:03)

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
Super Contributor.. mukesh1985 Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Gurus,

Please help me on this is urgent.

Regards,

Mukesh

Regards,
Mukesh
0 Likes
KK11 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi,

go to Service Level Management->SLA Administration->configure Application and search for incidents record.

you need to change the start time field from "first.touch" to "open.time"

then the interaction sla should count after submitting interaction.

pls note: you need to disconnect the active sessions and relogin to affect the changes..

cheers--KK11

PYALCARI
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

we have a requirement of Response SLA should get attach only for ess user and not for analyst user.

Can anyone suggest me on this. if I use affected.item in $L.file="xxxxx" and initial.impact in $L.file="1" and $G.ess=true in slo condition, sla is not attaching

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

pyalc

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.