Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Interaction category

Hi All,

After I upgraded from 9.34 to 9.40 classic mode, when I create the new interaction record the category field will automatic pre-defined "Incident" category. May I know this is normal behaviour after upgraded?

Appreciate that if anyone can advice

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Winnielee,

In my 9.40 environment, when you click on "Register New interaction", it will display a list of categories in which you will have to select one. The category will be the same as the category you select on that list. E.g: If you select "incident", it will place "incident" on the category field.

Best regards,

Andres Valverde Jimenez

HP Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is hel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In an out of box, non-upgraded 9.40 system, Process Designer is enabled by default, so the system prompts for category to determine the workflow. This would not affect an upgraded system unless it was migrated to PD/Codeless mode. 

In a classic build:

• Interaction category could be populated if your SD profile specifies a Default Category field. 
  • Interaction category could be populated if your SD profile specifies a Default Template which includes a category value. 
  • Neither of these is configured out of box. In a classic build, however, when you open a new incident directly, a default category of Incident is applied by format control (IM.open. incident).

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi Andresvalverde,

Thanks for your reply,

The selection list will prompt up if codeless mode version but not in classic version

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi John,

I unable to find any from the steps provided. Appreciate that if you can provide me the steps

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is a problem which only comes up with a SM9.40 Classic Mode.

I've a customer reporting the same issue. We have not yet a Defect opened for this.

I can update you with the Defect number as soon as we have it open or you can open a Support Case yourself to trigger this.

Best regards,

Heike

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.