Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Interested to know who has upgraded to 9.41 and any issues?

Hi

I've come back to HPE Service Manager recently after working on other products. My first task was to perform an upgrade from 9.40 to 9.41 for a customer.

The confict reconciliation process is always good fun when you haven't done it in a while! Then the Logical Name Solution threw me a curveball - it would be a major headache for some customers, but I got lucky as recording of the affected CI / device is not as widespread for my customer as in OOB solution.  

Generally speaking, I found a few areas which needed to be "repaired" after the upgrade, such as additional fields in Task Planner needed to be re-established and cm3r object in Document Engine lost its Unique Key value.  However, I encountered a big problem with the Task Planner which completely stopped the upgrade for my customer.

Functionality in the Task Planner has become broken in places and I've documented this in the attachment - it's now been accepted as a defect by HPE.

I thought this might be a good opportunity to advise others on potential issues and also hear from other on their experience.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.