Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Intermittent Email Issue in HPSM9.40

Dears,

we are facing intermittent email issue in HPSM9.40, HPSM stops sending an email to end users and it sends email after i restart the services, i have checked the EMAILOUT processsor from scheduler and idle time shows more than 14 days, once i restart the sservice then EMAILOUT idle starts and then it hangs, but after few days SM stops sending an emails to endusers, this is very critical issue for us,

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

JAgan

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Intermittent Email Issue in HPSM9.40

Hello,

Do you have any log file for the emailout parameter?

if no could you please launch the emailout parameter like this and provide the log file generated:

sm -emailout -log:emailout.log

Thanks,

LPP

Global Support Delivery Software Support Expert

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Intermittent Email Issue in HPSM9.40

You may have encountered this known issue:

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM01360432

The emailout process will run out of JVM heap and stop sending emails.

It is fixed in 9.40 P2 RTE.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.