Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Is it possible to limit email templates by role or group

We have many different groups of people using SBM and we would like to create templates that are used without SBM apps but limit who can see different sets of these templates.  For example we want templates setup for Sales but we do not need the Service Desk or IT to see those.

I do not see an option of doing this in the current setup so I would like to request this as an enhancement.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Is it possible to limit email templates by role or group

Thank you for sharing your idea! It’s open for comments and kudos, and we’re looking forward to input from the community. Once there is enough community traction, it will be further reviewed by the product team.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Is it possible to limit email templates by role or group

I have developed a few scripts for this feature by adding the following to the email.htm template.

<p id="bodytemplatelist"></p>
<script type="text/javascript">
var MyTOstr="$MAIL(recipient)";
MyTOstr=MyTOstr.replace("%40","@");
var p1=MyTOstr.indexOf("%3b%20");
MyTOstr=MyTOstr.substr(0,p1);
var MyFROMstr="$CURRENTUSER()";
MyFROMstr=MyFROMstr.replace(" ","%20");
var urlstr="https://myweb.domain.com/REST/GetTemplateList.asp";
urlstr=urlstr+"?MyFROMstr="+MyFROMstr+"&MyTOstr="+MyTOstr;
urlstr=urlstr+"&UID=$USERID()&recID=$RECORDID()&tblID=$TABLEID()";

var results=jQuerySBM('#bodytemplatelist').load(urlstr);
function mtemplatechange(){
var bodystr=jQuerySBM('#mailtemplate').val();
var setbody=jQuerySBM('#message').html(bodystr);
var setbody=jQuerySBM('#messagediv').html(bodystr);
}
</script>

The GetTemplateList.asp page accepts the params and builds a selection list based on the item passed and the currently logged in users CompanyID and App being used.   It also builds the templates by processing $FIELDVALUE() macros in those templates.

I use a lot of custom views and a template table added to the GlobalProcess App

Example template:

Title:
Incidents Routed to Level 2

BodyText:
Hi $FIELDVALUE("TOFIRSTNAME"),

This is $FIELDVALUE("AGENTFIRSTNAME") with the ABS Service Desk. I have received your ticket and will be routing it to the Level 2 team for further assistance. If you have any questions or would like to check on the status of the ticket, please give us a call @ $FIELDVALUE("PORTALPHONE") with your reference ticket $FIELDVALUE("TS_ISSUEID")

Issue Title
$FIELDVALUE("TS_TITLE")

Company:ABS Associates Inc 

Table Filter:INCIDENTS

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.