UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it possible to make a field editable even after a change is closed?

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to make a table (which has links/urls), to be accessible even after the change is closed.

The problem is, once a change is closed, all the fields of the change become "read-only". And because of this, when we try to click on the link inside the table, we get a message saying "url does not exist".

So, is it possible to make the table 'NOT read-only' in the FINAL Closure phase that is AFTER a change has been closed?

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rumani

0 Likes
2 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Whilst it is possible to make the fields editable - check a combination of "Form Edit Condition" and the format that you are using from the Change Workflow in the Close Phase - I'm not sure that it will fix your issue.

How are the links generated / saved? 

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

In classically tailored change management, the user profile must have the "Update when closed" checkbox selected. Additionally, the phase record update condition must not prevent the user from having update rights. 

In a Process Designer change system, the "Update when closed" functionality was removed. I am not yet aware of a way to enable editing of a closed change in a process designer build. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.