Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is there a OOB number of days, for which, the records are retained in eventout table?

Hi experts,

I would like to check if there is any Out-Of-Box number of days, for which records in eventout table are retained.
Does the records get overwritten or removed automatically if there is any such limit?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Is there a OOB number of days, for which, the records are retained in eventout table?

I have never come across such a limit on the eventout.  In my developement and test environments I don't have email turned on and sometimes records sit in there a very long time.  There maybe a number of records limit but I've not come across that either.  They only clear off if I manaully delete them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Is there a OOB number of days, for which, the records are retained in eventout table?

If you want, you can go to System Administration -> Ongoing Maintenance, -> System -> Purge/Archive utility and setup a purge on a scheduled basis.  This utility will create a schedule record, ran by the report background process

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi PB9,

Download Service Manager System Admin tasks guide from KM718390. It will guide you in purging/archiving records such as eventout for housekeeping.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.