Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Is there a field in cm3r that lists the actual approval groups pending approval in SM 9.20

I need to know if there is a field in cm3r that lists out the pending approval groups (Approval Definition Names) for a change record. 

current.pending.groups actually looks to just list out the operators that are in the groups pending approval, but not the name of the group itself.

If there is not a field for this, does anyone know how I can get this to be available?

Reason being that I want to pass this information (via WSDL) to Release Control so that we can filter off of pending approval groups.

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is there a field in cm3r that lists the actual approval groups pending approval in SM 9.20

Hi Chris,

No there is no OOB field for capturing names of approvers defined in current pending group(cm3r groups).
But you can easily customized to capture the operator name as follow :
In concerned FC (either using master FC cm3r or form FC) in calculation tab :
add : true
update: true
display : true

calculations : for $q = 1 to lng(current.pending.groups in $file) do ($L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.operator, "operator");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.select.rc, $L.operator, "name=\""+$q in current.pending.groups in $file+"\"");if ($L.select.rc=1) then ($q in $pending=full.name in $L.operator))

2) Second line in FC
calculations: for $q = 1 to lng(current.pending.groups in $file) do ($L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.operator, "cm3groups");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc.select, $L.operator, "name=\""+$q in current.pending.groups in $file+"\"");if ($L.rc.select=1) then ($q in $pending=$q in members in $L.operator))

3) Third line in FC
calculations: for $q = 1 to lng(current.pending.groups in $file) do ($L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.operator, "cm3groups");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc.select, $L.operator, "name=\""+$q in current.pending.groups in $file+"\"");if ($L.rc.select<3) then for $j = 1 to lng(members in $L.operator) do ($L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.operator1, "operator");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc.select.operator, $L.operator1, "name=\""+$j in members in $L.operator+"\"");if ($L.rc.select.operator<3) then ($j in $pending=full.name in $L.operator1)))

above is self explanatory. It is querying cm3r groups and taking the login id from current pending groups and finding the corresponding name by querying operator table.
Here $pending is an array type variable and I m using it to just display at run time not saving anywhere. So to store it you can create a new field of array type in cm3r and append a line in calculations as , newfield in $file=$pending
or in each loop while querying for example, $j in newfield in $file=full.name in $L.operator1

hope it is clear.

hth,
Absent Member..

Re: Is there a field in cm3r that lists the actual approval groups pending approval in SM 9.20

Actually, I'm not looking for the operators within the group, I'm looking for the actual name of the group itself (e.g. TCAB, ECAB).

So if the approval group named "TCAB" triggers as an approval for a change record in the Change Approval phase, I want to be able to filter based on the name of the approval group.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, I mistaken the issue.

current.pending.groups should be the field you are looking for.
Absent Member..

If I perform a 'd current.pending.groups in $L.file' on a change record that has a pending approval, I actually get returned the list of operators that exist in those groups and not the 'names' of the groups themselves. I'm looking to see if the name of the approval group is stored within the change record.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

do not know how your system has configured but you can try d $L.file in RAD debugger and just look if group name appears in the result or not.
If you find the concerned pending group name then finding the filed name would not be difficult else you have to customized your system.
Absent Member..

What it actually lists is the names of ALL the approval group definitions that exist in our SM installation. However, if I go to the approvals section of the change record, it shows me only the approval groups that are pending approval (not just the operator, the actual name of the approval definition - e.g. TCAB).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You meant that current.pending.group field show you ALL cm3r groups?
And approval section shows the name of group because it is VJ and taking values form Approval table which has the group name defined.

Just check in RAD debugger if anywhere you supposed current pending group name appears or not when you run command d $L.file for any valid change record.

I can see approval window (using 7.x) as follow where "XXX Owner SI" is cm3r group name defined in ApprovalDef table.

Absent Member..

When I debug the record, I actually see all 15 approval groups I have configured in my system instead of just the one or two that actually are pending approval. Any idea why this is happening?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how it is possible?
Check Approvals in you phase definition for CR which you are debugging.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

For our Change Approval phase definition, ALL 15 of those approval groups are listed under approval requirements. That said, the Approval Conditions are what control which approvals are actually triggered in that phase for approval. Does that make sense?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

You mean that they are displayed in the graphical interface form or in the Approval definition?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.