Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Issue in connect IT scenario

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to create one connect IT scenario which will push all the changes from SM to HP SharePoint site.

RFC number and affected press are the two primary keys.

Currently the insertion scenario is working fine.

Like when a change with service or customer bulletin as affected platform is moved from approval phase , this particular connect IT will create entry for each of the affected press in the RFC.

But the update scenario is not working as expected.

When we made any changes for this RFC in SM, it is not reflecting in the destination site.

Can anyone help me to resolve it?

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Issue in connect IT scenario

Can anyone help me to solve this?

Thanks In Advance.

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Tell us about your connect it scenario or share it with us.  In the connector for HPSM, how does it know which changes to pull for inserts?  How did you tell it which ones to pull for updates?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for your replay...

The connect IT scenario should push all the changes from SM to HP SharePoint site.

RFC number and affected press are the two primary keys.

Like when a change with affected platform as any of the following : service bulletin, customer bulletin, service advisory ,customer advisory  is moved from approval phase , this particular connect IT will run in every one hour and it should create entry for each of the affected press in that change in the HP SharePoint site.

Currently this scenario is working. That means when the connect IT runs it will create new records in the destination site if any change is moved from approval to implementation phase.

Those entries are like the records creating in RFC Implementation. Means separate entry will be there for each of the affected press in the change.

So if I am updating the RFC implementation status of any of the affected press in that change as completed the same should reflect for the entry in HP SharePoint also.

This scenario is not working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

So, you during implementation, how does the "status of the affected press" get set?  Is the status field actually a field in the cm3r table or is the status field in another table? How does a user update it? 

It sounds like the connect it scenario is querying the change table for new records that appear in the Implementation field.  What you need is another query for updating.  Assuming the status field is in the change table, and when the status field is updated and get saved that it also updates the sysmodtime field on the record, you could create a query to look for all Change records in the Implemenation phase, that has a sysmodtime in the past hour (since that is how often your scenario runs) and then send all the statuses of any affected press in the change records to sharepoint and update the existing records there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

All the fields are from wpopt table.

When a change is moved to implementation phase, entries will get created in RFC Implementation for each of the affected press in the particular RFC. And we are taking the details from wpopt table of the RFC Implementation.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you please share a screenshot of your scenario? I'd like to see what queries you are doing against Service Manager.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

PFA.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you attach a screenshot of just the RFCSNEWM1 connector?  I think that is where the query will be.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

PFA.

For testing purpose I have given the condition in the where clause.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

So, you say Insert works...but not Update.  Does it give any errors or messages?  Is there any way to trace within Sharepoint to see what connect it is sending it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

No .. It is is not triggering any error.. And there is no way to trace within Sharepoint also..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.