Highlighted
Absent Member.. sudeep2 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issue setting up Availability Reporting in SM9.30

Hello experts,

Can you please help me with this requirement?

The requirement is to set up a weekely and monthly availability reporting on configuration items.

What I have done so far-

I have configured an SLO for a CI( 24*7 service hours)

I did a SLA regen and on the history tab of the CI it shows the availability as 100%.

I opened an incident on this CI and mentioned the outage start and end times and resolved the ticket.

The CI availability stilll shows 100% availability which is wrong.

Is there any thing I am missing here please?

Regards,

Sudeep.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Issue setting up Availability Reporting in SM9.30

When testing, keep in mind that the SLM reporting tables are only updated every 30 minutes, so your test ticket would not have immediately resulted in a update to the SLM reporting statistics.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. sudeep2 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Issue setting up Availability Reporting in SM9.30

Thank you John,

The availability numbers aren't changing even after 30 minutes. I just wonder if there is more to do here.

I added an availability SLO to the SLA definition by clicking 'Add SLO' and using the resulting wizard.

The probsummary integration is in place with right fields for outage start and end times.

The outageevent table also has the outage entry when I create an outage incident.

It's just that the availability result isn't getting updated when the outage incidents are created.

What may be missing here?

Regards,

Sudeep.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.