Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Issue setting up web tier.

History - we implemented HPSM 9.40 in January.  We use Windows servers for the application and Linux servers for the web tier.  At the time we had tomcat 6 on the linux boxes.  It seemed to work fine but a few weeks ago I went to implement SSO and found out that the server.xml file was wrong/messed up/inaccurate.  When I contacted HP support they told me I had to be on tomcat 7.

So I had a new linux server stood up.  It has tomcat 7.  I have edited the web.xml file to have the correct server settings and bounced tomcat.  The cert has been created.  When I go to the URL, the HPSM landing page comes up and everything looks good.  But when I try to sign in I get the message "Service Manager Server is currently not available, please try again later."

I changed nothing on the application server.  I feel that the new web server with tomcat7 is set up exactly as the previous one was with tomcat6 (except the tomcat version of course).  Any ideas on what I have missed?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Issue setting up web tier.

Hello,

Can you please check the connection betweet the linux and the windows server. Please check the network settings as well.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

I don't think it's a network settings issue.  The old web server is talking to the app server just fine.  The new web server is online and pingable.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Are you using different tomcat ports for the both implemantations? Can you please try to disable the old one and try again?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Turn off SSL and confirm that the new server works without it.  If it does, and then it doesn't work when you turn on SSL, then you probably have a certs issue.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Thanks TomPowe.  That was it.  I was able to get in with SSL turned off.  I will check the certs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

So I don't think it is a cert issue.  I decided to play with some of the ssl settings before I attempted to redo any certs.

With SSL turned back on on the application server (sslConnector:1 in the sm.ini file) I went into the web.xml file and set sercureLogin to true and ssl to false.  And this allow the webtier to work and let me sign in andappears to be functioning normally.

My question is why does this work.  In the previous webtier server for tomcat6 (and HPSM 9.40) I had the secureLogin set to false and ssl set to true in the web.xml file.

And before that, in HPSM 7.11 and tomcat6, I also had secureLogin set to false and ssl set to true in the web.xml file.

Can anyone help me understand what changes were made were those 2 settings had  to be flipped?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.