Absent Member.. d_m_k Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issue with SM notifications at times in SM9.40

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Now a days i am seeing an issue with SM notifications like the notifications are not triggerring and getting stuck some where. When I checked in event outs i could find nothing. Those emails which were stuck(in unknown location) are triggering when I restart my SM services.

Can any one suggest what is the issue and where those email are lying till the time i restart my sm services?

And how to overcome this issue?

Regards,

D_M_K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issue with SM notifications at times in SM9.40

Jump to solution

Hello d_m_k

you can set the parameters on any of them, just remember that if you set it on sm.cfg file you will need to restart services.

in sm.ini:

JVMOption0:-Xms128m
JVMOption1:-Xmx256m

in sm.cfg:

-JVMOption0:-Xms128m -JVMOption1:-Xmx256m

Hope it helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello d_m_k

hope yo uare doing well.

What is your current Java version?

do you have Out of memory Warning messages in the log file?

I have a known issue where upgrading the java and setting the java heap size solve exactly the issue you are describing.  Here the information:

Java heap

When a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is started in Service Manager process, the Service Manager process defines the minimum and the maximum amount of memory that is allocated for JVM. The minimum and maximnm vary for different kinds of Service Manager processes. For servlet container processes that needs more java processing, the minimum and maximum defined are 256M. For processes that are shortlived and do not need much java processing, the minimum and maximum defined are 64M and 96M. You can override these default values by using the JVMOption parameters. For example, you could set JVMOption0:-Xms128M, JVMOption1:-Xmx256M, to provide minimum and maximum values of 128M and 256M for java heap memory.

Carlos Villalobos R
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Java8 Update91, and unfortunately logs were cleared and dont know whether really out of memory msgs are there are not.

Also please can you help me where exactly the below mentioned JVM setting i have to apply and exact syntax?

It is in sm.ini or sm.cnf?

Regards,

D_M_K

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello d_m_k

you can set the parameters on any of them, just remember that if you set it on sm.cfg file you will need to restart services.

in sm.ini:

JVMOption0:-Xms128m
JVMOption1:-Xmx256m

in sm.cfg:

-JVMOption0:-Xms128m -JVMOption1:-Xmx256m

Hope it helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your prompt response, i will put the suggested JVM configuration in my environment and monitor if the issue repeats again

Thanks again.

Regards,

D_M_K

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.