Highlighted
Senior Member.

Issue with calling two Soap WSDLs on same page in c#.net. Get index of object not found.

I have an issue when calling multiple SOAP WSDLs for Service Manager data in C#.net. I have been able to use most of the WSDLs for service manager for posting an retrieving data fine but I seem to have one issue that I cannot find fix for and I've tried everything. I have a few pages when I have to access multiple WSDls on the page like IncidentManagement and ConfigurationManagement. It seems when I call both of them on a page the second one times out on me. Is there a specific syntax I need to use close out the connection to one WSDL before I call the second or is there a specific way you must make calls when a page interfaces with two WSDLs. Are you not able to connect to one WSDL till the other is closed. For example if I make a call to RetrieveIncidentKeysList of the IncidentManagement WSDL and need to use one of the values in this key list to return a value from say the ConfigurationManagement WSDL when it makes the second connection it times out. This is the error I see returned when I try to call second one via WebMethod. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Issue with calling two Soap WSDLs on same page in c#.net. Get index of object not found.

Hi bigrollo,

The error you are receiving is related to your C# code, not hpsm at all.

There is no such thing like access one  WSDL or connection to one WSDL..... I would like to suggest the reading of HPSM Web Services Best Practices document, it can help you to understand better the concepts and correct nomenclature...

As I said, this is rather a problem with your C# code... before interact with objects make  sure they are not null. 

When you call each part separeted it works? 

If you need further help, the best would be have access to your C# code.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.