Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Issues adding new field to the To do view

Jump to solution

Hey experts, 

I've been trying to add a new field to the To Do view, but it keeps showing "Detail" and "Null". I've attached a picture of what it's doing right now.

1. I've added the field to the Todo dbdict
  2. I've added it to the sc.manage.ToDo.g form
  3. I've added it to the Todo Incident map

I've attached pictures of everything.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issues adding new field to the To do view

Jump to solution

Did you modify the TodoMap record for "probsummary" and "cm3r"?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Couple of thoughts:

For the Todo map, the "incidents" table is Interactions.  If you mean Incident tickets, then you want "probsummary".

In the mapping, I think the field should be in lowercase not Titlecase.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Tom, I can always count on your help when I post here!

The Interactions table is where I want it, and I made it lowercase. It just seems like the field is there in name, but the information isn't linked over. Is there any kind of link for the Todo view?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

My pleasure, buddy.

So, just to review, in the Todo map, you have "category" on both sides, both in lowercase, right?

After you do all this, your old records in the Todo table will not have any data yet.  You just created a new field, but haven't caused it to have any data.  If you go into one of those Interactions, make an update and click Save, and then return to the view and click Refresh, that Category field should be populated for that ticket.  Another way to test is just create a brand new Interaction and then see if it appears in the view with the new data.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

So I got it interactions to show in their own category by just saving the tickets again. So after I saved the sd tickets or made a new sd ticket it was removed from the null category and into their category. 

The problem is now, I can't do the same with Incident tickets or change tickets and i'm not sure what the differences between the categories are.

I've attached a photo of the view now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Did you modify the TodoMap record for "probsummary" and "cm3r"?

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.