Established Member.. nagarajabsagar
Established Member..

KM Module Issue

Dear Expert,

We are getting the below error message while login into SM with Administrator login also.

Process panel set.profile.1 in RAD km.environment encountered error in line 2 (km.environment,set.profile.1)
Cannot evaluate expression (km.environment,set.profile.1)
Cannot evaluate expression (km.environment,set.profile.1)
Bad arg(2) oper = (km.environment,set.profile.1)
Cannot evaluate expression jscall("KMSecurity.getCatsAtLogin", true) (km.environment,set.profile.1)
Script 'KMLanguages' line 8: ERROR TypeError: vars.$G_language_km_ids has no properties at char 1
Unrecoverable error in application: apm.setup.globals on panel setup.km.env
Unrecoverable error in application: cm3.setup.environment on panel call.setup.object
Unrecoverable error in application: se.get.object on panel get.env

And also we are getting error message while we are going the access KM Module.

You are not authorized to view the environment data.
You are not authorized to view the Knowledge Document data.
You are not authorized to view this database.

Need your valuable suggestion to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,

Nagaraja B Sagar

0 Likes
8 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Ivis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: KM Module Issue

Me too - found an answer? 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are working off a recent copy of a database, try sm -unlockdatabase.  When copying a running db, locks are copied too.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Yup - always do that when i transfer a DB or it won't start. There are no locks displayed from what I can see. 

So the issue resides elsewhere. The production system which is still on 9.41 does not get the issue - neither is there any difference in GL or the SL. 

Classic Service Manager ---- grr. 

BR Ivis. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You could check via the rad debugger and display $G.language.km.ids and see if that global variable is somehow a null value.  Type these 2 commands in the SM command box to regenerate the all the global lists if it is null.

*aapm.global.initer
*aapm.server.initer 

Or it could be corrupted memory from running without a restart for a very long time or a bad startup? Try restarting SM and see if it fixes this issue. Restart normally fixes the weird unexplained issues.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. brav0 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

can you post a debug log for your login.

start a debug port with RTM:3 , debugdbquery:999 and post the log.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The error is very specific, you don't need to debug it. 

Just check your global list Languages (KM), if it's filled correctly and without more information I would bet some license problem... 

If you need further assistence provide the result of 

sm -reportlic

log lines from the connection start till the error.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hi - thanks - we have the license but issue was that after applying an upgrade package for SM 9.52 this worked initally, but after a restart this suddenly happend. I then needed to load the KM environment record from DEV to Test and then do a restart. After this the issue was gone.

Not sure why this has happend, but it works now anyways.

BR Ivis.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Curious. Was the KM environment record from DEV identical to the one in TEST?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.