StacyWhetzell Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Knowledge Management with Service Manager - Care and Feeding cost compared to Benefits

I would like to hear/read some real-life user stories, not company hype, from people who have implemented and are using Knowledge Management

- How much work to install, configure, maintain

- How much real benefit has been realized from KM

- How long have you been using it

- How well did customers receive it initally and was there increased or decreased enthusiasm as time passed

I dont mind hearing company hype, but my preference is for real life user stories from non-HP employees. 

Thanks so much for all who can respond

Stacy Whetzell

TVA

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. unitedjp Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Knowledge Management with Service Manager - Care and Feeding cost compared to Benefits

Hello,

We have been using the knowledge Module since SM 7.

Knowledge Management - How much work to install, configure, maintain -

-To do the setup is not much, groups, permissions are basic. The big part is importing articles into the system. However I do believe if the articles are on some other source you maybe able to just link out to that source. Indexing can be tricky. Maitaining the actual articles and content udpates is the task that takes a lot of time.

How much real benefit has been realized from KM -

-We use it for our Service Desk and a our level 2 teams. They do use it all the time.

How long have you been using it -

-Since SM 7 we are now on SM 9.4 and soon to move the HP Service Anywhere.

How well did customers receive it initally and was there increased or decreased enthusiasm as time passed

-The users did have some questions as the Search Engine is dated. It is not like Google or Bing.The editor for creating new content can be difficult to use but after some training they get the hang of it. Today the users have accepted the Knowledge base. We use for  our support procedures.

HOpe this helps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.