New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LDAP Integration

Jump to solution

Hi All

I havent done LDAP integration in long long long time. I followed help documentation as far as possible but not sure why nothing appears to be happening. I enabled ldap stats but I see no activity on user login.

Can someone assist with a short checklist in case I missed something

I want to authenticate only

1) I have completed LDAP mapping server and port from the UI

2) updated sm.ini wind bind user and password and authenticate only.

3) updated operator record with ldap info, LDAP Base Name and LDAP User DN:

Thanks

Shane

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi

I found and followed this guide. My LDAP is now working

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM1010774

Thanks for the replies

Shane

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

It would be useful to check the sm.log file for errors. If you have setup everything you wrote in your post properly, you should be ok.

On ldap mapping, have you mapped the field name "name" with LDAP attribute name "sAMAccountName"? SM needs this to find your operator login name in Active Directory.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If using Active Directory ensure sAMAccountName is mapped per the previous post then do the following steps:

1. Edit the sm.ini

2. Add the following trace parameter: ldapstats:2

3 Save the sm.ini

4. Clear the sm.log

5. Bounce SM

6. Login as the user

7. Check the sm.log and notice there is much more ldap trace info. You should be able to see specific error which indicates why the user failed to login. 

8. You should upload screenshots of your scldapconfig.g, and scldapfile.g

9. At this point you should not need to specify the specific LDAP information within the operator record since the user should reside within the target of the LDAP Base directory of the scldapconfig.g.

Finally, one thing that the ldapstats:2 will show is possibly a referral chase going on. If you've set the path to high then it could be looking for the user in question.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi

I found and followed this guide. My LDAP is now working

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/km/KM1010774

Thanks for the replies

Shane

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.