Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Language translation

Hello,

Using SM 9.30 with french language pack.

On Incident form, some fields "Description" in Activies are in english instead of french.

Where can I change it ?

Regards,

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Language translation

Greetings.

It sounds to me that the deployment of the language pack is wrong, can you give more details or send screenshots in order to have a better look of the issue?

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Johnny,

Attached file

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I'm not sure I understand. Is the "Description" caption in English or the content of the Description field?

Data entered in free form text will not be translated and will always display in the language used to enter it. The language pack does not include new, native language sample records; it uses the same out of box sample data as the base build. Those records are in English. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

John,

Thanks. The "issue" is in the description field.

If we write in french, no problem. If we leave the box empty when changing status the descrption field is filled by the system in English. We want to know if it's possible to translate the "default" text in french.

Regards and thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

The translations of the activities are always a pain point. There is no mechanism to translate automatic activities, it's a known limitation.

Nevertheless to do so, you ca go to the activityactions table and modify the name of the activity and also the description.

Be carreful, if you want to use translated values for phase names modifications, you have to call a script library that will get the translated value of the global list.

ex.

for reassignment (update of probsummary table)

name : Réaffectation

condition : do not change the condition

description : {"Réaffectation de  " + nullsub(assignment in $L.file.save,"NONE") + " à " + nullsub(assignment in $L.file,"NONE")}

ex2:

name : Changement de statut

condition : do not change the condition

description : {"Changement de statut de " + jscall("YourScriptLibrary.GetGLDisplay",problem.status in $L.file.save,$G.imStatuses,$G.imStatuses.local) + " à " + jscall("YourScriptLibrary.GetGLDisplay",problem.status in $L.file,$G.imStatuses,$G.imStatuses.local)}

and in YourScriptLibrary (this is an example) :

function GetGLDisplay(field,gl,gldis)
{
 var display="";
 var gl = gl.toArray();
 var gl_dis = gldis.toArray();
 for(i=0;i<gl.length;i++)
 {
  if (gl[i] == field)
   {
   display=gl_dis[i];
   }
 }
 return(display);
}

Regards,

Nicolas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.