Honored Contributor.. ulto1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Ldap parameters to search in specific OUs

Hi Guys,
SM 9.52.

We are service provider company & we have multi-tenant environment.

We have integrated SM with Multiple LDAP ( each one for a specific client). 

Now for this new client, his users are stored in different OUs under the root. So we had to put the root ldapserver1 in the sm.ini file. If we do so, whenever the user is logging to SM, it is taking like 20 seconds to login.

ldapserver1:IP%389%"DC=domain,DC=com"

Is there another parameter that we can add in sm.ini where we can specify the OUs that need to be searched? 

Or in the ldapserver1, can we have it in a format that will search the specific OUs? (we have 4 OUs that are on the same level, & they all have users.)
for example ldapserver1: IP%389%”OU1”,”OU2”,”OU3”,”OU4” 

does this work? has anyone tried this?

Please let me know.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Ldap parameters to search in specific OUs

Hello

I would recommend following this example, it doesn't use multiple organizational unit but it uses more than 1 Domain Component

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Service_Manager:9.62/EnableIntegrationToLdap

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. ulto1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Robcord,
Thank you for your reply. But could you please copy & paste the document here? I don't have access to the link you have provided.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I'm not aware about the syntax you can use at sm.ini and not even if it's possible but... At operator record you can set the LDAP Base Name and even the user DN... I've already used both and they work 🙂
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.