Absent Member.. SanjeevDas Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Link field from one table to another table in a form

Jump to solution

HI Experts,

I am using Service manager 9.32. The category data for the change management is defined in the cm3rcategory table and the subcategory data is defined in the cm3rsubcat table.

I have created a table named as chgautoassignment and associated a form named as chg.autoassignment, with the table.

The chg.autoassignment form shows the fields with attributes defined in the table chgautoassignment. Good so far.

Now the issue is, I need to add two comfills in chg.autoassignment form. One field will show up the category names from cm3rcategory table while clicking on the fill option and the other field will show up the subcategory name from cm3rsubcat table respectively.

How do I link the two fields in chg.autoassignment form(table: chgautoassignment) with the name fields of cm3rcategory and cm3rsubcategory?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and best Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Link field from one table to another table in a form

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Define the link record for newly added table, with the same name as table.

In link record add source field (source is newly added table field) and destination table and fields for respective table category and subcategory etc.

refer link record cm3r.

Re,

Abhijit K 

2 Replies
Highlighted
Abhijit K Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Define the link record for newly added table, with the same name as table.

In link record add source field (source is newly added table field) and destination table and fields for respective table category and subcategory etc.

refer link record cm3r.

Re,

Abhijit K 

Absent Member.. SanjeevDas Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Abhijit,

Thank you so much for the help. Appreciate it.

Sanjeev

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.