Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Link to access a particular change or incident from notification mail is not working

Hi Experts,

When I click on the Incident or change number in the notification email that are triggering , It should go to the SM log in page and after log in it should show the corresponding change or incident. But here I am getting one error while logging in, that means it is moving till the search page only, not going to the exact change or incident. I have attached the error.

Could anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Link to access a particular change or incident from notification mail is not working

You may quickly validate entries you have  in your html templates>expressions Tab; here you can have the defined variables responsible for assigning the proper links on the email. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Link to access a particular change or incident from notification mail is not working

I have searched in expressions. Following is the script.

var file_name = system.functions.filename($RECORD);

var record_name = system.functions.scmsg(file_name,"tablename");

var record_title = record_name+" "+$RECORD.number;

var record_query = "number=\""+$RECORD.number+"\"";

var web_url = lib.urlCreator.getURLFromQuery(file_name,record_query,record_title);

Given below is the link showing when we click on the change number.

https://pwp-sm01.cor.hpicorp.net/sm/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=cm3r&query=number=

But it doesn't have the change no: as given in the script.

If the link is something like below:

https://pwp-sm01.cor.hpicorp.net/sm/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=cm3r&query=number="C11002"

it is working as expected.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Link to access a particular change or incident from noti

Does this work with other records like Incident?

We are using the same expressions and using index.do, your given link differs than mine, so further check if your generating it from ess.do or index.do?

for ess.do - 

var web_url = lib.urlCreator.getESSURLFromQuery(file_name,record_query,record_title);

for index.do - 

var web_url = lib.urlCreator.getURLFromQuery(file_name,record_query,record_title);

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I would also check the "urlcreator" javascript in the scriptlibrary to make sure it is working properly.

Compare the script library with OOB script to find if there are any modification. I think the queryhash is not enabled in your envrionment. 

Is it occuring only with Change module or with other modules as well?

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

No.. It is not working for any of the records like IM , PM and CM. Everywhere the attached error message is showing.

And we are using  index.do - var web_url = lib.urlCreator.getURLFromQuery(file_name,record_query,record_title);

which is same as the code that you have shared.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

The error is occuaring for IM and PM modules also.

I couldn't find any other script rather than "urlcreator"  for comparing.

Could u please provide me a clear view regarding your suggestion.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

I have attached the OOB URLCreator javascript that is working in our environment.

Take a backup of your current script and try to use this and share the result. Open any HTML template and enter a valid record number then go to Preview to view the link that is generated. Share the link that is being generated.

As per the link that you provided, the script is not building the query correctly. it is as below 

https://server.domain.com/sm/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=cm3r&query=number%3D%22C11594%22&action=&title=Change%20C11594

Share the results and if possible share your urlcreator script to verify.

Thanks.

Give Kudos if it helps.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.