Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Linking problems

Jump to solution

Hello!

I've added a field called "notas" to the companies' table and I'm trying to show it (read only) in a tab in the categorization subform but every time I try to link that field it returns nothing. The companies' form updates and shows the field properly but when I try to show the field, doesn't link.

What line should I add? Where do I have to put the link line?

Thank you in advance...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check what is value for field 'company' in company table.

You might needed to use the 'company.name' in link record instead of 'company'

regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I'll try to be more clear:

Due to the very large amount of link records in the system, is very difficult to find the right place to insert a line when adding a field to a link record. For example, I'm adding a text field to the company table to store some interesting notes about clients. I've just added the field to the company forms and now I'm trying to add it to the incident forms, but I don't know where to link the field.

Is there anyway to know where a link line should be?

Thank you in advance...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Every module such as Incident Management has a master link called a the file, in this case probsummary. Additionally, each form could have a separate link called as the form e.g. Form: IM.update.incident Link:IM.update.incident.

In this scenario, I suggest to take a look at the master link (probsummary) then look for the company entry and click the option "Select Line". Once the form called link.structure.g is displayed, let's add the new field to the "Source and Taget fields" table.

If you do that and it does not work as expected, please upload screenshots for your configuration to get a better understanding of your configuration.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank you for your answer.

I've already tried that configuration.

At this moment, the company line for the probsummary link is:

And the company field updates without problem

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Do you want to just display that value within the IM form? Or you want to save the value? Did you create the same file on contacts and probsummary files?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hello!

I write from the companies form and read only from the incidents form. The first part it's working.

I've created a dbdict entry for probsummary and company, but not for contacts, I can't see the point on doing that.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I believe we are not on the same page on this. 

Scenario #1:

There is  new field in company file (e.g. notas) that needs to be displayed on e.g. IM.update.incident

1- Go to the IM.update.incident format and add a new text box with this input $G.mynewcompField and make it read only

2- Go to the link probsummary and look for the company line

3- Add a new entry within the source/target table:

Source field: $G.mynewcompField

Target field: notas

4- Save the link

5- Go to the IM.update.incident and confirm the new field is displayed when the company field is populated

Scenario #2: 

Suppose that you need to save the new company field within the probsummary file:

Let's follow th same process of scenario #1 but instead of using a global variable ($G.) let's use the name of the probsummary field.

Please let me know if that works.

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I've done all you suggest without success.

This is a screenshot of the company line from probsummary link:

I have used $G.campoNotas as variable name and the form is im.incident.subform.categorizationandassignment.

This is the capture from the field properties:

And, of course, is not working...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Do you have the field company placed into the form im.incident.subform.categorizationandassignment?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

No, I have company field in im.incident.logging (and categorization, closure, investigation, recovery and review)  and notas in im.incident.subform.categorizationandassignment

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Check what is value for field 'company' in company table.

You might needed to use the 'company.name' in link record instead of 'company'

regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Checked and working!

Thank you very much!!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.