Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

List Style Tickets

Our business has a need for a "list" Style ticket.

For instance right now i have multiple departments using it and they (using mandantans" can't see each other's tickets and each get a qunique looking page for logging tickets.  

My question is this:

I was thinking of making a checkoff style ticket template for them to use when checking parts of our manufacturing process.

I was simply going to include the categories and contact...

Make a list of checkboxes with Text Boxes for notes beside each one to comment on failures

and put the description box at the bottom with the label (Comments)

I would default the TItle to someting like "  XXXX Checklist " 

Anyone see any issues with this?  Using mandantan's i can restrict so only the people doing checklist can see the checklist.   I'm thinking this would work ok.   If you see any flaws can you get back to me ? 

Thank ahead of time!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Up to my knowledge, this should not be a problem.
I have no clue though how you will set it up exactly - wizard maybe?
It will be interesting and good to know to share with us how exactly you intend to achieve this.

And of course to share your results after you test it 🙂

Good luck!

-----
If you find this or other posts helpful, please do not forget to click the Kudo Star or to mark it as a Solution if you are the owner of the thread. Thanks 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Here is the solution i've come up with thus far.  Feed back is very welcome.

The group i'm doing this for does not close interaction records.  All their tickets are incident issues.  So.. what i've planning is the following.

Make it so there link to "create a ticket" on the left hadn side goes straight to the OPEN INCIDENT  form.

Make a new link called "Submit Form"  and have it goto the interaction record.

Going to turn the open interaction record into a one giant subform with tabs for different issues.

The first tab will be the normal ticket window that we see now for closing helpdesk tickets as interactions (ones that don't need to be escalated to incident).

The other tabs will linked to forms that have a Checklist style laid out forms to meet their requirements.

Now i put a condition on the forms so that if this particular user Role is logged in then only the forms are visible.  If someone who isn't part of that user role logs in then only the normal generic SD.open.interaction form tab is visiable.

Thus far i got it so they can goto SD.open.interaction and it has the normal Tab & the Forms tab.  And depending on the user role your a member of you will see one or the other.  (keep in mind again the group wanting forms never log first level close tickets or interaction tickets only Incident issues.)

Now on the Forms tab i put a down list with a list of forms and then another giant subform that will display different tabs based on what the drop down list has for it's value.  That way they can pick the form they want it's displayed and then they fill out the checklist.

Contact - the person filling out the list.

Categories would default to incident / FORMS / JT / Fire Extinguisher check   (last one based off the drop down list.

Assignment Group - Forms ( a new group called forms)

Call Type - Default to phone

Description - is now a comment box.

Put in a condition so that the solution box = the comment box and put a label saying you have to make a comment to submit the form like "Fault extinguisher at location xy" or " all systems deemed safe".   

Now our security personell can walk around with tablets doing checklist type activities in plant.

Next project would be to create a form (one for each type of form).  that will query to get you the total results of all forms..... i.e...

Example

Query all tickets where Product.type = Fire Extinguishers

Return Results for total of times XY has a value / Return Results for total times XY has false value

Return Results for total of times YY has a value / Return Results for total times YY has false value

Return Results for total of times ZZ has a value / Return Results for total times ZZ has false value

XY, YY, and ZZ being fire extinguishers you check.   This would get you the TOTAL times it was checked and how many times it was false.

Then run  query to get the total or percentage to be displayed on  a label next to these totals.

Well this is the rough idea what were palying with.  any dieas for improvement or major flaws?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Ok so correction...

SD.open.interaction  would be a giant subform with 2 tabs.

Normal Tab - same form we have been using

Forms Tab - Set to display Forms

You then log in and select your subcategory/product.type/problem.type ect...

based off the categories you pick  i.e.   Forms / Linework / Turntable Checklist

It will display a certain checklist style form.

Security of it is if a userrole who has access to forms logs in they will see forms.

If a person who doesn't have access to forms logs in they will see the normal form.

If someone needs access to both then they "Can" see both tabs but one will disappear based off of the categories chosen... i.e.   Picking Subtype: FORMS would make the normal form disappear.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.