Is there a way so that when someone searches for a ticket or updates a Incident that the form would be different based on either the security role they have or the subcategory of the ticket?
Here are some options for customizing which forms are displayed for Incident tickets (SM 9.30)...
- populate the Initial Format (format.name) field in the Incident Management Profile
- modify the Format field in the im.view States record
- modify the $L.format variable in the Initial Expressions section of the im.view.init Process record
- modify the $L.search.format variable in the Initializations section of the apm.search.problem.display Display Screen
- populate the Search Format field in the probsummary SearchConfig with a custom variable (Note: The Parse property needs to be enabled in Forms Designer first which may affect other files)
Other than the open form option, these need to be tested thoroughly before implementing in Production. An alternative technique is using a sub-form with a variable input (similar to the search form configuration).
Using the update you mentioned we went intot he process record under final expressions and put in a few lines to change the role based off of the user role.
This worked pretty great, but I also found a KBA article that I would love to link you here. Is this a Viable option as well ?