Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Load different forms based on a group/subcategory

Jump to solution

Is there a way so that when someone searches for a ticket or updates a Incident that the form would be different based on either the security role they have or the subcategory of the ticket? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the sub-form with a variable input mentioned in my previous post is related to the "Dynamic sub-formats" section in KM434516.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here are some options for customizing which forms are displayed for Incident tickets (SM 9.30)...

Open format:

- populate the Initial Format (format.name) field in the Incident Management Profile

Update format:

- modify the Format field in the im.view States record

OR

- modify the $L.format variable in the Initial Expressions section of the im.view.init Process record

Search format:

- modify the $L.search.format variable in the Initializations section of the apm.search.problem.display Display Screen

OR

- populate the Search Format field in the probsummary SearchConfig with a custom variable (Note: The Parse property needs to be enabled in Forms Designer first which may affect other files)

Other than the open form option, these need to be tested thoroughly before implementing in Production. An alternative technique is using a sub-form with a variable input (similar to the search form configuration).

Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
I tired the open format options in Test and didn't seem to work or i messed it up lol.

Using the update you mentioned we went intot he process record under final expressions and put in a few lines to change the role based off of the user role.

This worked pretty great, but I also found a KBA article that I would love to link you here. Is this a Viable option as well ?

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM434516
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, the sub-form with a variable input mentioned in my previous post is related to the "Dynamic sub-formats" section in KM434516.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.